Today the New England Patriots released Safety Steve Gregory according to his agent David Canter on Twitter.
Patriots will be releasing starting #TeamDEC client Safety Steve Gregory today.
2/28/14 1:04 PM
Gregory was the player that picked up the infamous butt fumble and scored a touchdown against the Jets. On Thanksgiving Night—November 22, 2012—Gregory had a primary role in the Patriots’ victory over his home-town team, the New York Jets. In the game, Gregory had an interception, 2 recovered fumbles (one leading to a touchdown, during the now infamous Butt-Fumble play), 5 tackles, and 1 pass deflection. At the end of the game, on the national NBC broadcast, Gregory was awarded the traditional Thanksgiving award, along with teammates Tom Brady and Vince Wilfork.
Patriots will save just under $3 million on salary cap in cutting Gregory, who was due a base of $2.25 million. Could free up $$ for Talib.
2/28/14 1:08 PM
Gregory had a base salary of $2.25M for 2014. 2013 third-rounder Duron Harmon filled in for Gregory during thumb injury last season.
2/28/14 1:09 PM
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Remember the Rogers Centre twitter.com/CFL_News/statu…
about 24 mins ago
- Close Contact tracing....... twitter.com/RapSheet/statu…
about 25 mins ago
- I talked to several scouts who said @Bigdawgchris1 right now is the second-best offensive tackle in the NFL Draft b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- We checked out former Florida State tight end @T_mckitty and wrote up this piece. Find out more about the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- Check out our latest story on @race_ya_boyz the @LSUfootball rising star. I wish they would get him the ball more,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago