Today the Washington Post said that according to a person familiar with the team’s planning the Skins want a second-round pick in the NFL draft if they are going to trade backup quarterback Kirk Cousins.
The Redskins lack a first-round pick in this year’s NFL draft, thanks to the 2012 trade with the St. Louis Rams that enabled them to move up in the first-round order to select quarterback Robert Griffin III. The Redskins do have a second-round selection this year.
The big question is could the Raiders pick up Cousins for a second? I don’t see it as far fetched as many believe. Cousins has a very solid arm, and could be a very adequate starter. The Raiders have Matt McGloin and Terrelle Pryor competing for a spot, but Cousins is a way better quarterback then both of those guys. This could allow the Raiders to draft Clowney in the first and come away with Cousins in the second round.
The team has money to spend, which could land them a few veteran receivers such as Eric Decker, or Golden Tate. The Raiders team could be a complete turn around in just one year.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:There are 11 teams in the NFL that are 0-2 which team has the best shot to land Trevor Lawrence?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 mins ago
- Last Chance:Washington Football Team’s Chase Young is on pace for 20 sacks in 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/chase-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- Week 3 Preview: Tennessee Titans vs. Minnesota Vikings ift.tt/3mMCc29
about 34 mins ago
- Last Chance:Bengals rookie QB Joe Burrow feels he took major strides last week and he just wants a win… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- Last Chance:Are the Dolphins scared to play Tua because he has still not been hit? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tua-2/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 56 mins ago