Vikings quarterback Matt Cassel, who started the last four games of the 2013 season, will void his contract for the 2014 season and become a free agent, according to a report on KSTP.com on Wednesday.
Cassel, who was scheduled to make $3.7 million in salary and bonuses next season, had until Friday to opt out of his deal. He now heads to the open market, where he still could wind up with the Vikings.
That is great news for some of the teams out there looking for a quarterback, and also means the Vikings could be looking to draft a quarterback.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Trey Songz arrested for fighting a police officer at Chiefs game (VIDEO) nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/trey-s… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- ICYMI:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Shemar Jean-Charles, DB, Appalachian State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/shemar… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago
- ICYMI:Getting to Know NFL Draft Prospect: Nick Broeker, LT, Ole Miss nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nick-b… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/wfTOpZ9woN
about 53 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: DeVonta Smith surgery update | Heisman winner needed two surgeries on his hand… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 59 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFLHeads Draft Prospect Interview: Jeremy Bell, CB, University of Charleston nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/jeremy… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago