WOW, this case just got a little interesting. According to the Big Lead who somehow landed their hands on a copy of the text messages sent between Jonathan Martin and Richie Incognito and it does not help Martin’s BULLYING CLAIM. A matter of fact, it actually looks like Incognito is trying to support Martin, besides calling him gay…..
This is from Pro Football Talk on the actual conversation:
1. Incognito accuses Martin of being gay in multiple text messages. It’s difficult to tell whether Incognito is joking, or whether he believed Martin to be gay. Martin’s actual or perceived sexuality has been a lingering (but largely unspoken) explanation for the decision of Dolphins players to allegedly single him out. After reading all of the message, it appears Incognito is joking about Martin being gay.
2. Martin declines to pay $6,000 for a trip to Las Vegas, but Incognito seems to be fine with it. “It’s all good,” Incognito says. “Let me know if u need anything.”
3. At the time left tackle Jake Long chose to sign with the Rams over the Dolphins, Incognito texted that former G.M. Jeff Ireland “didn’t make him feel welcome.” (That’s unrelated to the Martin-Incognito case, but it helps explain why Long took a lesser deal to go to St. Louis.)
4. At one point, Incognito asks Martin if Martin went to Mike Pouncey’s house after going to a bar. Martin says he didn’t, saying “No drugs for me rest of season.” That comment could attract the NFL’s attention on the question of whether multiple members of the team had engaged in illegal use of drugs, recreational or otherwise.
5. The messages reflect a genuine friendship, even after Martin left the team in late October. Incognito repeatedly reached out to Martin following his exit, culminating with this message on October 29, the day after Martin exited the locker room: “What’s up dude Glad to hear Ur ok I’m here if you ever need to talk. I’ve been through enough sh-t myself to understand.”
Several hours later, Incognito texts, “I miss Ur stinky armpits.” On November 1 (three days later), Incognito texts, “How u doing buddy? Feeling better?? I miss us.”
Martin promptly responds, saying: “Wassup man? The worlds gone crazy lol I’m good tho congrats on the win.”
Says Incognito in response, two minutes later: “Thanks dude It’s unbelievable all the attention this is getting. All that’s important is that you feel better and know we miss u dude.”
Says Martin, that same minute: “Yeah I’m good man. It’s insane bro but just know I don’t blame you guys at all it’s just the culture around football and the locker room got to me a little. Btw… Never check yourself into a mental hospital.”
Incognito responds two minutes later, acknowledging that he once indeed checked himself in to a mental-health facility: “I hear ya It’s a lot to take in I’ve checked myself in before I had to threaten to beat everyone up for them to let me out. Not fun.”
The back-and-forth continues a bit longer. Several hours later, Incognito sends to Martin a link to the ESPN story that places blame on Incognito for Martin’s situation. “What’s up with this?” Incognito asks.
“I got nothing to do with it man I haven’t said anything to anyone,” Martin says.
The last three messages come from Incognito, with no response from Martin. Incognito says, “I heard it’s all coming from Ur agent? I need you buddy I’m getting killed in the media. Bro can we talk? The dolphins are talking about releasing me.”
That’s the end of the text messages. Martin, possibly acting on advice from an agent or his lawyer, cut off all communication with Incognito. Based on the picture painted by the text messages, however, it may have been too late, if the goal was to suggest that Incognito subjected Martin to repeated behavior that Incognito knew or should have known was unwelcome.
If this is true, it looks like Jonathan Martin could be in some heat, especially when he mentioned drug use…
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Better QB: UCF QB Dillon Gabriel or Cincinnati QB Desmond Ridder? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/07/desmon… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for July 28, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for July 28, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/07/transa…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- You will be better twitter.com/alexarosstv/st…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Blake Green, DL, University of South Florida nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/07/blake-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
By: Chris DiCerbo The entire University of Nevada football team is looking to impress...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Jerome Howard. Together we...
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview on The Slightly Personal Podcast: Kyriq McDonald DB Missouri State
When it comes to adversity at the collegiate level, Kyriq McDonald is a prime...
POSITION: Cornerback CLASS: Senior HEIGHT: 6-0 WEIGHT: 194 HOMETOWN: League City, Texas HIGH SCHOOL:...