ESPN reported Sunday morning that Cousins had informed the Redskins that he was open to being traded. But according to the Washington Post the quarterback has not made any demands for a trade. At the same time, Cousins has the goal of starting in the NFL, and he knows that barring injury to Griffin, that goal isn’t possible with the Redskins. And so, if a trade did present itself, Cousins would embrace that situation.
The person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said that Cousins isn’t so desperate to be traded that he would want to be in a bad situation just so he could start. Instead, he would likely rather wait another two years and then go elsewhere as a free agent.
According to the Washington Post, he hasn’t requested a trade from the Washington Redskins, but would welcome the opportunity to go elsewhere and start in the NFL if the opportunity arose. So it sounds as if he still could be headed to the Cleveland Browns if it was for the right price.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Breaking: Former Florida Gators RB Mark Thompson will workout for the Panthers nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/mark-t… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- Police arrest Georgetown WR Dijon Williams in connection to a first-degree murder in DC nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/dijon-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 30, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- NFL postpones Titans and Steelers game due to COVID-19 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/titans… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 35 mins ago
- Can the NFL suspend the Raiders players for not wearing their masks at an event? YES, THEY CAN… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago