Chad Morton, a seven-year NFL veteran as a player, enters his fifth season with the Packers and fourth as special teams assistant coach.
While with the Jets in 2002, Chad Morton returned two kickoffs for touchdowns in a contest at Buffalo, making him the fifth player in NFL history to return two kickoffs for scores in the same game. He is the only player in NFL history to return a kickoff for a TD in regulation and overtime in the same game and joins Chicago’s Dave Williams (at Detroit, Nov. 27, 1980) as the only players in NFL history to return a kickoff for a TD in overtime. In 2000 with the Saints, Morton tied the NFL single-game playoff record with 13 receptions, against the Minnesota Vikings.
Morton was an All-Pac-10 selection at Southern California, where he served as the team’s primary running back his final two seasons. He led the team with 1,141 yards and 15 touchdowns on 262 carries as a senior, and he ranks 11th on the Trojans’ all-time rushing list with 2,511 career yards. He graduated from USC with a degree in sociology.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Elijah Dotson, RB, Sacramento State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/elijah…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 12 mins ago
- Did You See This:Texas Tech QB Alan Bowman celebrated too early and Texas made him pay for his “horns down” gesture… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 mins ago
- Did You See This:Mississippi State QB K.J. Costello becomes the first SEC QB EVER to throw for 600 yards in one gam… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- Did You See This:Mike Leach’s first game in the SEC was fun and he punched LSU in the mouth nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/mike-l…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Who is Each Team’s Biggest Sleeper? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/sleepe… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/N8qk7Kh3Ef
about 2 hours ago