Damontre Moore had to have a minor shoulder surgery because he stated it hurt and was painful and he was losing sleep.
Moore was unhappy about the small snag because he has big plans for this offseason, most of which he’ll spend in East Rutherford training.
The 2013 third-round pick flashed some of the raw speed that earned him a rotational role on defense and he was exceptional on punt coverage. He played in just 136 defensive snaps, reaching a high of 44 percent in the season-finale against the Redskins.
His main goal will be to get stronger, and supplement the quick burst.
“I want to get back as healthy as possible and pick up like 15 pounds of muscle,” he said at the Biondi School on Tuesday, where he gave a speech to a few dozen students.
Moore hasn’t been fully cleared yet, but is using the time to improve on his conditioning.
“I can do light stuff, I’m not cleared to lift weights yet but as far as the other stuff goes, I’m maintaining my cardiovascular strength and stuff like that. Just trying to enhance that part of the game so once I get cleared I can focus on the weights.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ezra Gray, RB, Alabama State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/ezra-g… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ezra Gray, RB, Alabama State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/ezra-g… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Congrats Chiefs fans! Must be nice. See you next year!
about 7 hours ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ezra Gray, RB, Alabama State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/ezra-g… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/srpgZ4OZxw
about 8 hours ago
- Horrible illegal block in the backfield
about 10 hours ago