Every year there are players that don’t get that call to Indianapolis to work out in front of NFL scouts and teams, and every year there are some guys that are invited that I honestly do not believe deserve to go there. Well this year there were five players that I am still in shock they were not invited. They all had amazing college careers and are gamers, I would not be surprised to see all 5 of these guys get drafted.
Shaquill Barrett – OLB – Colorado State – The Mountain West Defensive Player of the year? Do I have to say anything else, really? The guy was a freak machine at CSU, and is one of the most humble young men I have ever met. He is very humble, and a very good kid. Barrett unlike Michael Sam, had more than 3 productive games in his senior year. I have talked to NFL personnel that feel Barrett will run in the 4.7’s which is way faster than Michael Sam. I think the NFL was more worried about invited the first “Gay” player than actually taking the best talent.
Rajon Neal – RB – Tennessee – I could have went in many different directions, because Neal to me is a 5th – 7th round running back. I don’t know if there is something I am missing, but this kid was productive at Tennessee. Him not getting a combine invite was a shock to me, especially when guys like Damien Williams of Oklahoma received an invite. To be honest Williams was not even the best running back on Oklahoma’s roster.
Walt Aikens – CB – Liberty – I keep hearing about some of these players that ran fast at the Combine, and jumped good. Well let me tell you about Walt Aikens, the kid is a FREAK of nature! The former Illinois basketball player can jump through the roof, he is STUPID fast, and has great hands. I don’t know how this guy was denied the Combine invite, but I have a feeling it won’t really matter, because someone will fall in love with him.
Matt Hall- OT – Belhaven – Matt Hall is a monster standing at 6’9 and is predominately a right tackle, but I don’t know how he did not receive an invite to the Combine. Hall formerly played for both Ole Miss and Arkansas. The guy is a monster in the gym, and I would have loved to see him do the bench at the Combine. His arms are about as long as a small orange tree and I honestly believe he would have shocked a lot of people during the bench.
Jay Prosch – FB/TE – Auburn -An athletic, smash-mouth blocker, Prosch had just five touches as a senior and zero carries, but he was still a big part of the Tigers offense, helping to create run lanes as a lead blocker. Prosch is a draft pick in my opinion and will be the next big NFL fullback. He has a mean streak and boy did it help, ask Tre Mason….
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Predicting The Starting Quarterback Of Every Team Going Into 2021 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/starti… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- ICYMI:Predicting A Trade: David Njoku To The Houston Texans For A Fourth Round Pick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/david-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 18 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Spencer Brown, RB, UAB nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/spence… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/rhtNqWZhAa
about 24 mins ago
- Last Chance:South Carolina football player D’won DJ Fields Jr. shot and killed nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/dwon-d… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fan Controlled Football League surpasses 1.2 million viewers and a former NFL standout caught the game winner… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago