Albert Wilson has had to overcome some pretty tragic events in his life, but this athletic/gifted wide out is ready to show NFL teams he is capable of taking his game to the next level. Wilson has great speed and hands, and he will be showcasing his talents at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis this week. Expect Wilson to have amazing times this week.
How many teams were recruiting you out of high school?
– Don’t remember the exact number but it was only a couple
Where did you choose and why?
– I chose Georgia State University. I picked GSU because it was a new program. It was in Atlanta. Wasn’t too far from home and I felt like I was going to be able to set my name in stone and always be remembered as a great player that help start the program.
What were your goals for your senior year?
– My goals for senior was to become a better vocal leader, earn the trust of my teammates, to have a 1,000 receiving yards, have a 100 catches, become first team all sun-belt, get invited to an all star game and get an combine invite.
Have any scouts met with you, and if so what are they saying?
– I’ve met with like 10 teams in California. The scouts was saying the like my speed and ability to make place from anywhere on the field. A few scouts asked about playing running back and returning.
At your position, what separates you from the others?
– I think me being the size of a running back and able to run routes like a receiver separates me from the others because of my ability to run after the catch.
Tell us what you look for when breaking down film?
– When I watch film I look for weaknesses such as if a player is aggressive or not aggressive enough. I look for form in man and zone to find which the player is better at. I watch to see if the secondary I’m facing like to tackle.
Who was the toughest player you have ever faced?
– Toughest secondary I faced as a whole was the West Virginia defense and the best player I’ve face was Eddie Jackson
If you could compare your play to one person in the NFL who would it be?
– I would compare myself to Carolina Panthers Steve Smith
What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?
– Biggest obstacle was being taking away from my family and force to go into foster care. I’ve overcame this obstacle by looking how hard my little sisters had it and I told myself I would do ever it takes to make sure my sisters and my future family will never go through the struggle my family and I been through.
What system fits your style of play the best?
– Short game being able to get me the ball early such as what Denver do with Wes Welker
What is your biggest strength?
– My speed and my ability to make set up my routes to become open
What is your biggest weakness?
– My height
If I were a GM and gave you a second to sell yourself, what would you say?
– I would look you straight in yours eyes and tell you I would be the hardest worker the franchise would come by.
Growing up, who was your role model?
– Growing up my role model and still to this day is Barry Sanders
Who was your favorite team and player in the NFL and why?
– Favorite Team was Pittsburgh Steelers I grow watching my dad cheer for them and I was always amazed at how great their defense is. Favorite player is Devin Hester. Growing up a Miami Hurricane fan watching him was the most exciting thing to watch and his ability to put fear in his opponent was unbelievably. Also being able to change the game in matter of seconds is always what I wanted for myself.
What was the most tragic event that ever happened in your life and how did you overcome it?
– Most tragic event was waiting for my mom to come home from her probation officer office and she not showing up. At this time my dad was already in prison and it was just me in my sisters for a while. I’ve overcome this by having a strong mind and just wanting to put my sister in a better situation.
If you were to have dinner with three people dead or alive who would it be?
– I would have dinner with my dad, Barry Sanders, Lynn Swan
With your first paycheck what would you buy?
– With my first pay check I would buy myself a car being I’ve never had one.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Former NBA Player Sebastian Telfair’s Estranged Wife Says He’s Draining Their Bank Accounts Before He Goes to Jail ift.tt/2M7saZE
about 15 mins ago via IFTTT
- Ko ho taimi eni toko!
Tongan translation: “It’s your time brother!”
about 25 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- XFL Draft Diamonds – Defensive Backs for the XFL Combine and Draft - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/xfl-di…
about 43 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- XFL Draft Diamonds – Defensive Backs for the XFL Combine and Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/xfl-di… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/zJtCa1S5Ij
about 54 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Contract Extension for Melvin Gordon Reportedly Isn’t Going to Happen Anytime Soon ift.tt/2JK1OeI
about 55 mins ago via IFTTT