Well the Combine is finally over, and there were some players who were being touted as some top tier guys, but they looked far from superior. I think there are some very solid football players in this draft, but I think the draftniks in Twitterverse have some guys rated higher than others. I thought by putting out a list of 5 players who I believe are overrated would make sense.
First up has to be Cyrus Kouandjio of Alabama. I have been hearing this kid going as high as the Dolphins pick in the first round, but I honestly don’t think he is worth the pick. He does not deserve to be in the first round, he is very raw, and could be a guy that drops quite a ways in the draft. People were high on him because he was solid in Alabama but I think this kid will need quite a bit of work at the next level to be dominate.
Second up is Lamarcus Joyner, the corner back from Florida State. I was already critical of his size, but now seeing his forty time, I am very skeptical of him being a first round pick. I think Joyner is more a nickel corner than a one or two. Teams are getting more and more physical on offense and Joyner’s size will hurt him, especially with teams trying to copy the Seahawks mold of a big corner.
Michael Sam, You know I had to put you on this list. You were so busy telling the world your sexual preference that you forgot to worry about your forty time. First off you are not the biggest guy to play outside linebacker, which means if you do not have the size you better have the speed. Running a 4.91 is not going to help him at all, I hope he doesn’t try to blame his success in the NFL on his sexual orientation.
Going into the combine I thought Michael Sam was a man w/out a position in NFL. His 4.91 today might have confirmed it. #NFLCombine
— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) February 24, 2014
Trent Murphy of Stanford is not a guy I think is that impressive. I am not blaming his combine performance on his abilities to play, but he looked so out of place on many of the drills. He has horrible hands (Which doesn’t really matter) and he was slow. Murphy worked out with the linebackers on Monday and was unimpressive all around. He clocked a 4.86 40 (to go with his 19 bench press reps on Sunday) and had a few mistakes in positional drills.
To be honest, I would not draft any one of these guys above. I would stay far away from the guys above, because I honestly feel they are very overrated. What players do you think are the most overrated in this draft class?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- MLB Free Agent Profile: Joc Pederson ift.tt/3nTxHCT
about 23 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Trevon Grimes, WR, University of Florida nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/trevon… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Ian Book, QB, Notre Dame nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ian-bo… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/GcqkZOF7Md
about 57 mins ago
- Fitchburg State Freshman football player Desmond Clayton shot and killed at the age of 19 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/desmon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- NFL Transactions for November 23, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, & Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago