The Steelers slipped from first in total defense in 2012 to 13th. They also gave up an average of 25 more rushing yards per game while plummeting from second in the NFL to 20th in run defense. The Steelers have always been known for their fericous defense, but lately it has trouble their owner Art Rooney II.
“We need to be better,” the Steelers president said. “There’s no denying that. We weren’t good enough against the run when you look at where we ranked in the league. We weren’t good enough taking the ball away, rushing the passer. There’s things we need to improve on.”
Rooney said the Steelers aren’t in serious salary-cap trouble, but it’s no secret that the organization doesn’t have a lot of room under it, either.
And the cap is only expected to receive a modest bump from the $123 million teams were allowed to use on player salaries in 2013. Expect the team to let a few veterans walk this season.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Breaking: Colts poached DE Ron’Dell Carter off the Cowboys practice squad - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/rondel… @nfltrade_rumors
about 17 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 29, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 18 mins ago
- Giants signed RB Alfred Morris and QB Clayton Thorson to their practice squad
about 19 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 29, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 29, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago