I was a kicker, and maybe that is why I feel this way, but taking away the extra point is corny. It takes a few seconds, and gives the kicker another chance to get his name on the television. Well today Roger Goodell basically said that they were going to get rid of the PAT.
“The extra point is almost automatic,” Goodell said. “I believe we had five missed extra points this year out of 1,200 some odd (attempts). So it’s a very small fraction of the play, and you want to add excitement with every play.
“There’s one proposal in particular that I’ve heard about. It’s automatic that you get seven points when you score a touchdown, but you could potentially go for an eighth point, either by running or passing the ball, so if you fail, you go back to six.”
I say keep it, they were talking last year about getting rid of the kick off. Well if that is the case, get rid of the field goal too? The kickers have to stand up and fight against this, they are trying to kick us out of the game (You like how I added myself?). Maybe I am a little bias, but how do you feel?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Week 3 Preview: Washington Football Team vs. Cleveland Browns ift.tt/2GaB5Zc
about 29 mins ago
- Poor Sam twitter.com/adamschefter/s…
about 39 mins ago
- Would Antonio Brown sign to a team’s practice squad to earn his spot on a roster? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/antoni… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Top Aussie College Football Players Who Panned Out To NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/top-au… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/41mldUqRcl
about 1 hour ago
- Stand firm and continue to do what is right! Even when you are attacked! https://t.co/bCfqVHbpVG
about 1 hour ago