Being a cheerleader has it’s perks, but obviously not for the Raiders organization. Today the Raider cheerleaders filed a lawsuit against the team for violating the states minimum wage policy.
The suit, filed in Alameda County Superior Court on behalf of current and former Raiderettes, claims that the NFL team engaged in wage theft and other unfair employment practices. Specifically, the suit charges that the team withholds all pay from the Raiderettes until after the season is completed, does not pay for all hours worked and forces the cheerleaders to pay many of their own business expenses.
“It’s as if the Raiders’ owners believe that the laws that protect all workers in California just don’t apply to them,” attorney Sharon Vinick said.
According to Vinick, the Raiders cheerleaders are contracted for an annual salary of $1,250, which amounts to an hourly wage of less than $5 per hour. The lawsuit also claims that the Raiderettes incur other costs, including fines levied for infractions such as bringing the wrong pom-poms to practice, wearing the wrong workout clothing to rehearsals, failing to bring a yoga mat to practice, or not turning in written biographies on time.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Breaking: Ravens are expected to workout LS Andrew DePaola tomorrow nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/andrew… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 11 mins ago
- Devonta Freeman working out with the G-Men! Smart move twitter.com/rapsheet/statu…
about 16 mins ago
- Last Chance:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Tony Andrews, Defensive Back nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/free-a… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- 13-1 heading into tonight! I have the Saints winning! Let’s see if I can go 14-1! This was a solid predictions and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- My predictions I was really close to going three for three! Devante Adams injury hurt but the others!!!
NFL Draft… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago