The San Diego Chargers hung around in the fourth quarter, but the damage was already done. The Broncos drew 5 neutral zone infractions on the Chargers today, which was the most drawn by a team in a single game since 2001.
Not only did that kill some drives, the Chargers were 1-6 on third down in the first half. They converted an NFL-best 49% of third downs during the regular season, and were 6-12 in their Week 15 over the Broncos.
While it was a great season for Philip Rivers and the Chargers, it was ended by a hard fought battle. The last time the Chargers were shut out in the first half of a playoff game was the 2007 wild card game against the Titans. They were down 6-0 at halftime and won 17-6.
While the Chargers could lose Ken Whisenhunt as their offensive coordinator, they could have a very solid replacement in Frank Reich who is currently the quarterbacks coach.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Week 2 Injury Report: Cornerbacks and Running Backs went down heavily nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/week-2… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/2d1Bnvwowt
about 11 mins ago
- Patriots RB James White loses his father in a bad car accident; his mother is in critical condition… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Football: Sunday Sleeper Squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/sleepe… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/3DUwRLmDnN
about 32 mins ago
- Breaking: Ravens are expected to workout LS Andrew DePaola tomorrow nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/andrew… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/mry6qdBd3r
about 38 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Chris Wilcox, CB, BYU nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/chris-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/qgdvepPDty
about 42 mins ago