Retired Dallas Cowboy defense tackle Josh Brent was convicted of intoxication manslaughter in the death of friend and teammate Jerry Brown Jr. Wednesday afternoon.
Brent, 25, sat alone while waiting to hear the verdict. Dallas County District Attorney Craig Watkins was present as the former nose tackle was taken into custody in the courtroom. He faces up to 20 years in prison. The sentencing phase of the trial is set to begin Thursday.
The jury received the case Tuesday and deliberated for about three-and-a-half hours, but were sequestered after they couldn’t reach a verdict. They signaled that they had a verdict at about 3:45 p.m. Wednesday.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Put some respect on these names. Three QB’s that deserve more love nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/respec… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 23, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Did You See This:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Jimmy Strickland, Long Snapper nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/jimmy-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- Did You See This:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Caleb Green, Athlete nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/caleb-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:QB Playground Edition: Who’s Swinging Up, Who’s Sliding Down? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/qb/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago