Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Jerome Simpson avoided jail time on Thursday after pleading guilty to careless driving and a third-degree DWI charge stemming from his Nov. 9 arrest in Minneapolis. This is not good for the Vikings and their players. Today Erin Henderson was arrested for his second DWI charge.
Simpson’s sentence for the third-degree DWI — or refusal to submit to a breath test — was stayed, and he will perform 120 hours of community service in public schools instead of spending 15 days in a workhouse for the careless driving charge. He will be on probation for one year. He also had a third charge for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol dropped.
Simpson still could face NFL discipline, though, after being arrested for the second time in two years. He was suspended for the first three games of the 2012 season for a drug-related arrest in Kentucky, and the terms of his probation from that conviction barred him from using alcohol. The receiver could face additional punishment for violating the terms of that probation.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Le'Veon Bell's Trainer Denies Report Of Massive Weight Gain ift.tt/2Xbz4A6
about 15 mins ago via IFTTT
- James Harden Says 'Arrogant' Ref Scott Foster Shouldn't Ref Their Games ift.tt/2U3qbXs
about 25 mins ago via IFTTT
- Tristan Thompson Used His Other Baby Mama's Place as a Crash Pad ift.tt/2SRRpDQ
about 36 mins ago via IFTTT
- ICYMI:3 Reasons why you should want the AAF to be successful nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/aaf-su… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/fMeC27ztyX
about 48 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Space Jam 2 Starring LeBron James and Bugs Bunny Gets a Release Date ift.tt/2VcCWis
about 1 hour ago via IFTTT