Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Jerome Simpson avoided jail time on Thursday after pleading guilty to careless driving and a third-degree DWI charge stemming from his Nov. 9 arrest in Minneapolis. This is not good for the Vikings and their players. Today Erin Henderson was arrested for his second DWI charge.
Simpson’s sentence for the third-degree DWI — or refusal to submit to a breath test — was stayed, and he will perform 120 hours of community service in public schools instead of spending 15 days in a workhouse for the careless driving charge. He will be on probation for one year. He also had a third charge for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol dropped.
Simpson still could face NFL discipline, though, after being arrested for the second time in two years. He was suspended for the first three games of the 2012 season for a drug-related arrest in Kentucky, and the terms of his probation from that conviction barred him from using alcohol. The receiver could face additional punishment for violating the terms of that probation.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Sorry fans, but the Atlanta Falcons are f***ed nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/falcon… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/wgclLRhZzs
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:California high school football star Mitch Wade killed in nasty car accident nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mitch-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:Buffalo restaurant sends Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey Buffalo Wings after his social media post… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Last Chance:Beloved Georgia High School coach Teco Browning died in a motorcycle accident nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/teco-b…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago
- Last Chance:128 players have been granted special eligibility for the 2021 NFL Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/2021-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago