Set to hit free agency in March, New York Giants pass-catcher Hakeem Nicks sounds like a guy who believes he’s in for a king’s ransom on the open market.
“I still consider myself one of the top receivers in this league and I’m going to go out and prove it,” Nicks said this week, per the New York Post.
The fifth-year wideout hasn’t looked like a top receiver over the past two years, and especially this season, failing to haul in a touchdown catch while averaging just 3.8 receptions per game. His speed has been clipped by a string of injuries and his lack of production made him the subject of trade whispers earlier this season.
If Nicks continues to think like this, he will not make it too many more seasons. While there are going to be many good free agent wide receivers, I would not spend too much money on Nicks. It is not normal to have a young wide out like him struggle year in and year out.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Mustafa Majeed, DB, Clark Atlanta University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/mustaf…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Brian O’Neill, LB, Penn nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/brian-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 59 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Spencer Brown, RB, UAB nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/spence… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/CHEvcBmzDO
about 60 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: D’Eriq King, QB, University of Miami nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/deriq-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Seahawks have signed OLB Tim Williams to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tim-wi…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago