Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews had pins removed from his surgically repaired right thumb last Friday.
“I need to get healthy,” Matthews told FOXSports.com on Tuesday. “Rehab my thumb and get it back to 100 percent so that way there is no setback starting next season.”
Matthews, who missed the final two games including the wild-card round, originally broke his thumb in Week 4 against the Detroit Lions. The fifth-year linebacker underwent surgery then and played seven games with a cast on his thumb until he re-broke it in Week 16.
Since undergoing a second surgery in late December, the thumb had been immobilized. Now he’s working to strengthen it and get back movement by rehabbing it.
This looks like a gruesome injury, I hope the kid can recover.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Great to sit down with @Ethan_Tucky from @GoBEARCATS @GoBearcatsFB Check out this interview with NFL Draft Diamonds… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- About time the Sabres have a damn goalie! Linus is a beast
about 30 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ethan Tucky, OLB, University of Cincinnati nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/ethan-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview Datryan Evans, Tight End nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/datrya… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/F4tYHyBcCh
about 58 mins ago
- Got that easy too @KadeFrew
Cannot wait to see who lands this kid, he is going to be a stud twitter.com/KadeFrew/statu…
about 1 hour ago