Geno Smith had a pretty rough outing as a rookie, but although he may have shown improvement late in the season, he shouldn’t expect to have the Jets’ starting job handed back to him at training camp this summer.
It isn’t surprising that John Idzik and Rex Ryan wouldn’t commit to Smith Tuesday at their season wrapup press conference, considering all season they would not name him the starting quarterback beyond the next game. In all likelihood, Smith will be competing for the starting job next year with someone the Jets acquire via the draft or free agency.
“We’re all excited about having Geno as part of the Jets but we will always look to improve every position in any manner we can and that doesn’t change going into 2014,” said Idzik, the first-year general manager. “We’ll look at quarterbacks, yes we’ll look at quarterbacks.”
“He’s a very resilient young man,” Idzik said. “For him to start all 16 games, go through the highs and lows of an NFL season and just to see him develop as a player, see him handle a game, see him be more efficient in the pocket, his accuracy, threatening with his legs, all of the things that he did, they were very positive.”
So here is my question, will the Jets draft another quarterback in the first round? You never know with the Jets to be honest.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- FBI arrests Ohio man who threatened to lynch black HS football player that kneeled - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/ohio/
about 23 mins ago
- Half horse half goat twitter.com/rexchapman/sta…
about 28 mins ago
- Damn twitter.com/thenbacentral/…
about 29 mins ago
- Reaction: Celtics vs. Heat Game 3 ift.tt/2ZPogus
about 48 mins ago
- Last Chance:FBI arrests Ohio man who threatened to lynch black HS football player that kneeled… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago