ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino will review a first-half special-team’s play from the San Francisco 49ers’ 23-17 loss at Seattle.
Seahawks gunner Jeremy Lane collided with a member of the 49ers who was in street clothes on the sideline. Schefter is reporting if Blandino determines the play warrants discipline, he will forward it to NFL vice president of operations Merton Hanks for review.
From my view, video replays show that there was some definite hard contact, but it may be difficult to assume the person on the 49ers’ sideline had any malicious intent. If the league does pursue discipline, it could potentially fine the offender and the even the team.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Jordan Canady, DB, North Dakota nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/that-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/jw12AbB9O8
about 37 mins ago
- Did You See This:FBI arrests Ohio man who threatened to lynch black HS football player that kneeled… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Matthew Mattingly, WR, Morgan State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Mike Boykin, DL, North Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/mike-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Clay Legault, OL, Merrimack College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/clay-l… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago