Former New England Patriots wide receiver Irving Fryar and his mother pleaded not guilty today to conspiring to steal more than $690,000 by deceiving several banks into granting them home equity loans.
Irving Fryar, 51, of Springfield in Burlington County, and his mother Allene McGhee, 72, of Willingboro, face one count each of second-degree conspiracy and theft by deception.
Fryar and McGhee allegedly teamed up to obtain five loans in a period of six days in 2009 using a single property — McGhee’s home — as collateral, authorities said. They also allegedly used false information to obtain mortgage loans, the Attorney General’s office has said.
Deputy Attorney General Mark Kurzawa offered a plea deal to Fryar that calls for him to spend five years in prison, and offered a deal to McGhee that calls for three years of incarceration. Fryar had a bond set this morning for 20,000 and his mother was released on her own recognizance.
If Irving Fryar allows his mother to go to jail, he could go down as the 2014 Biggest Sleezball of America over Aaron Hernandez.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for January 20, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:Will anyone claim Mark Ingram today and his salary? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mark-i… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1E2XwOjvFZ
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:Packers are early favorites against the Buccaneers for the NFC Championship Game nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/packer… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Colts QB Philip Rivers has retired from the NFL, he will now coach a high school team in Alabama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- NFL Transactions for January 20, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago