The Draft is my favorite part of the year, and I would have always loved to sit in a draft room, because so much goes on. Well the Dolphins will have a new way of doing things with Dennis Hickey in town. Today when Hickey talked to the media he made sure to point out that his draft philosophy is always to select the best available player over need. A lot of personnel types like to say that, but not everyone applies it. Hickey says Miami plans to rank its top 500 players and stay true to its board on draft day.
Hickey made a quick decision Wednesday to “part ways” with former Dolphins assistant general manager Brian Gaine. Hickey is in charge of the personnel department and it’s clear he wants to bring in his own people. There is the natural link that Hickey could be interested in hiring Mark Dominik, his former boss in Tampa Bay.
It will be interesting to see who the Dolphins target. I would expect a quarterback to be drafted this year.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Blake Griffin Joined Pistons Fans in a “Ref You Suck” Chant bit.ly/2ILHhq2
about 10 mins ago via IFTTT
- Bryce Harper Got Ejected and Went Nuts on the Umpire bit.ly/2DuFWQP
about 29 mins ago via IFTTT
- Cleveland Browns Tryout Treasures: Possible Fits from the 2019 NFL Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/browns… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/50M0d6L7UQ
about 47 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Jamauri Bogan, RB, Western Michigan University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/jamaur… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Sam Straub, QB, Southern Illinois University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/04/sam-st… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro