If you want to hear criticism, the best criticism usually comes from someone that cares about the topic. Well Emmitt Smith dedicated his life to the Dallas Cowboys, and he was sure not to hold back today when asked about the team.
“I think the Cowboys have somewhat lost their true identity,” he said. “I mean, I think the team — we don’t know if we want to be a pass team or a run team.”
Smith said the difference between today’s Cowboys and the potent Dallas squads of the ’70s, ’80s and ’90s channels back to that lack of a one-two punch, saying those old teams “had tremendous success having a very balanced offensive unit.”
Only the Atlanta Falcons ran the ball fewer times than the ‘Boys this season. Dallas dialed up just 336 runs, compared to a swath of playoff clubs — Seattle (336), San Francisco (505) and Philadelphia (500) — who all finished top five in attempts. Ten of the top 15 rushing squads, in terms of carries, made the postseason in 2013.
I actually agree with Emmitt, and I also believe that DeMarco Murray will be a steal next year in Fantasy Football.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- This shows humbleness. Just a few years ago he was the highest paid cornerback in the NFL. Now he is on a practic… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Raiders could be down a linebacker this week, I wonder if they pull up a practice squad guy! Should know soon
about 53 mins ago
- I would not be surprised if the Colts brought up a CB this week from their practice squad. Would make a ton of sen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- MLB DFS September 19: Late Night Value ift.tt/33MMXsR
about 1 hour ago
- Breaking: Bills are signing former Jets OC Jonotthan Harrison to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/jonott… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago