The Tennessee Titans fired coach Mike Munchak, the Hall of Fame offensive lineman who’s been with the Oilers/Titans franchise for more than 30 years, on Saturday.
Munchak compiled a three-season mark of 22-26 and did not take the team to the playoffs, even after late owner Bud Adams signed off on free-agent contracts worth over $100 million in the spring.
“First I want to thank Mike Munchak for his professionalism through this process and thank him for his years of dedication to the Titans/Oilers organization,” general manager Ruston Webster said in a statement. “He is first-class and I wish him and his family nothing but the best.
“… The last week has been a difficult time trying to navigate through many issues to find the best resolution for this franchise moving forward. Tough choices were presented to all sides and the end result was to part ways and move forward without Mike. We will immediately begin a search for a new head coach.”
NFL Draft Diamonds
- I see you Tyson! twitter.com/PFF_AAF/status…
about 24 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- I know one thing, I would not be near him twitter.com/apiecebyguy/st…
about 25 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- NFL Transactions for February 21st, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/XGOdl8A21o
about 54 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Bills trade down from 9 to 15 pick up a 1st rounder next year and a first this year, then draft Greedy Williams twitter.com/TwitterSports/…
about 55 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- Five hidden gems in the 2019 NFL Draft - @Chobani84 @AboveQuis @SidFor6 @BradMayesQB_4 were all mentioned by… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 56 mins ago via Twitter Web Client