I thought we should list a top five trades over the past several seasons, of guys that were traded from one team for little or nothing and turned into a huge steal. While some might have others, I think these are the five biggest steals.
Number 5 – Indianapolis Colts traded OLB Jerry Hughes for Buffalo Bills ILB Kelvin Sheppard
Buffalo Bills traded their former draft pick Kelvin Sheppard to the Colts for their former first round draft bust Jerry Hughes. Hughes came into the Buffalo Bills system and tore it up, hitting 10 plus sacks and really turning into a key piece of the defense. The Bills defense finished with 57 sacks and really caused problems for opposing teams offensive lines.
Number 4 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers trade RB LaGarrette Blount to Patriots for a 7th Round Draft Pick and RB Jeff Demps
The New England Patriots would not have made it as far as they did this year if it was not for LaGarrette Blount. Blount turned it up against the Buffalo Bills in the final regular season game, and it carried into the playoffs. Blount assisted the Patriots in getting to the AFC Championship game, but the Pats came up short. For a seventh round pick and for a player that never played a snap, the Patriots stole Blount.
Number 3 – Baltimore Ravens traded WR Anquan Boldin to the San Francisco 49ers for a sixth round draft pick
Last year Anquan Boldin was collecting his Super Bowl ring, and this year he was one game away from playing in the big game one more time. The Niners received one of the best gifts from the Baltimore Ravens. I don’t know what Ozzie Newsome and company were thinking the night they traded Boldin, but boy did he have an impact for San Fran.
Number 2 – Miami Dolphins trade WR Brandon Marshall to the Chicago Bears for 2 third round draft picks
Brandon Marshall might be one of the best wide receivers in the NFL, and he was a free gift for the Bears. The Miami Dolphins messed up regime continued to make stupid decisions, but this trade might have been the worst. The Dolphins let Marshall go for a bag of peanuts and he turned it up for the Bears. This trade is very close to being the number 1, but much like Marshall he too couldn’t stay out of the funny papers in his former city.
Number 1 – Buffalo Bills trade RB Marshawn Lynch to the Seattle Seahawks for a 3rd Round and 5th Round Draft Pick
The Buffalo Bills once owned the rights to “Beast Mode”. While he couldn’t stay out of trouble in Buffalo, the Bills felt they were obligated to let him go, because he continued to get into trouble. Well since that trade Marshawn Lynch has been one of the main reasons the Seahawks have success. He has been a wrecking ball for the Seattle offense and a monster running the ball. He led them to the Super Bowl, and I would not be surprised to see him put up a great game against the Broncos.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFLHeads’ Conference Championship Picks | Who makes it to the Super Bowl? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/confer…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 18 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for January 21, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- Did You See This:Should the Steelers sign QB Dwayne Haskins to a futures deal? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/dwayen… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Last Chance:Getting to Know: Jacob Roberts, LB, North Carolina A&T nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/jacob-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/A4E5NR8OVE
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Post Retirement Review: Philip Rivers, Quarterback nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/philip… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/6XlZ2vq8ER
about 1 hour ago