Terence Garvin probably feels terrible right about now, but his block was what sprung Antonio Brown to the end zone to go up big on the Bengals.
Garvin lined up Huber in the chest before hitting him and appeared to make a good, if ferocious, block. But when Garvin finished his block the crown of his helmet hit Huber’s chin, leaving the latter with a broken jaw and a serious neck injury, according to ESPN NFL Insider Chris Mortensen.
Huber, who also is the team’s holder for place kicks, will be placed on injured reserve. Doctors have told the punter that if his injuries heal properly, he should be able to resume his career next season, sources said.
Punters are not protected from hits if they try to make a tackle as Huber clearly did. But they are afforded the same protection as other players who are deemed defenseless and cannot be hit above the shoulders.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for January 25, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- Did You See This:TE Greg Olsen announces his retirement from the NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/greg-o… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ueWBe9xwrG
about 37 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Cole Beasley Injury Update | Bills WR played with a broken leg… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for January 25, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for January 25, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago