Terence Garvin probably feels terrible right about now, but his block was what sprung Antonio Brown to the end zone to go up big on the Bengals.
Garvin lined up Huber in the chest before hitting him and appeared to make a good, if ferocious, block. But when Garvin finished his block the crown of his helmet hit Huber’s chin, leaving the latter with a broken jaw and a serious neck injury, according to ESPN NFL Insider Chris Mortensen.
Huber, who also is the team’s holder for place kicks, will be placed on injured reserve. Doctors have told the punter that if his injuries heal properly, he should be able to resume his career next season, sources said.
Punters are not protected from hits if they try to make a tackle as Huber clearly did. But they are afforded the same protection as other players who are deemed defenseless and cannot be hit above the shoulders.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- I just don’t know what the heck the hands team was doing. I am sorry the ST coordinator should be suspended for th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 21, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 21, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- Last Chance:Tulsa’s Senior cornerback Allie Greene IV stands out when breaking down film nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/allie-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago
- Breaking: Ravens are expected to workout LS Andrew DePaola tomorrow - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/andrew…
about 1 hour ago