Steelers coach Mike Tomlin’s near-interference with Ravens kick returner Jacoby Jones on Thursday night is the subject of “an aggressive review,” according to Jason LaCanfora and is likely to result in stiff financial penalties for the coach and the team, and perhaps the forfeiture of a draft pick.
Tomlin, as a head coach and as someone who was recently appointed to the NFL’s powerful Competition Committee, erred in being that close to the field of play, no matter what, and while the NFL can’t legislate his intent, the league’s past handling of these issues speaks to the seriousness with which it takes the matter.
If this happens it could be a huge loss, especially for a team that needs every pick they can get.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted Working on his Swing at TopGolf ift.tt/2NnCoDY
about 14 mins ago via IFTTT
- Nebraska Head Basketball Coach Tim Miles Isn't Worried at All About Being Fired "I'm Still a Millionaire" ift.tt/2GXRjTV
about 23 mins ago via IFTTT
- Le'Veon Bell's Trainer Denies Report Of Massive Weight Gain ift.tt/2Xbz4A6
about 44 mins ago via IFTTT
- James Harden Says 'Arrogant' Ref Scott Foster Shouldn't Ref Their Games ift.tt/2U3qbXs
about 53 mins ago via IFTTT
- Tristan Thompson Used His Other Baby Mama's Place as a Crash Pad ift.tt/2SRRpDQ
about 1 hour ago via IFTTT