Steelers coach Mike Tomlin’s near-interference with Ravens kick returner Jacoby Jones on Thursday night is the subject of “an aggressive review,” according to Jason LaCanfora and is likely to result in stiff financial penalties for the coach and the team, and perhaps the forfeiture of a draft pick.
Tomlin, as a head coach and as someone who was recently appointed to the NFL’s powerful Competition Committee, erred in being that close to the field of play, no matter what, and while the NFL can’t legislate his intent, the league’s past handling of these issues speaks to the seriousness with which it takes the matter.
If this happens it could be a huge loss, especially for a team that needs every pick they can get.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Three men sentenced to prison for the killing of Bakersfield College football star Aaran Porter… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- Splash’s Week 4 Picks ift.tt/2Gsje0h
about 30 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Thomas Hennigan, WR, Appalachian State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/thomas… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Justus Reed, DE, Virginia Tech nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/justus… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/254koQLDcS
about 52 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Brett Heggie, OL, University of Florida nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/brett-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago