The Philadelphia Eagles ran a double-reverse on fourth-and-1 from Minnesota’s 18-yard line. Foles flipped the ball to wide receiver Riley Cooper, who gave it to DeSean Jackson. Henderson read the play and followed Jackson toward the left end. Foles needed to get in the way of the linebacker, but instead he made a mistake.
Foles dove at the linebacker’s knees. Jackson ran into the end zone, but the penalty negated the score. The Eagles kicked a field goal on fourth-and-11.
“In the heat of battle, I made a mistake,” Foles said. “I made a block that I thought would help the team. You cannot turn back on someone and do that. I am at fault and the referee made the correct call. I hurt my team in that position.”
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Nationals Pitcher Max Scherzer Broke His Nose Practicing Bunting bit.ly/2ZvjRKD
about 57 mins ago via IFTTT
- Chris Paul Responds to News that His Relationship with James Hard is Unsalvageable bit.ly/2WMLtch
about 2 hours ago via IFTTT
- Incredible twitter.com/junnaitoh/stat…
about 4 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Lenny Dykstra Went Dumpster Diving for His Lost Teeth bit.ly/2ZvznWN
about 5 hours ago via IFTTT
- NFL Transactions for June 17, 2019 - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/06/nfl-tr… #NFL
about 5 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone