Detroit Lions linebacker Travis Lewis has been suspended four games for violating the league’s policy on performance enhancing drugs, the NFL announced today.
Lewis, a 2012 seventh-round pick whose only contributions this year have been on special teams, tested positive after using the drug Adderall, a person who reviewed the test.
The Lions signed linebacker Julian Stanford, who played for special-teams coordinator John Bonamego last year in Jacksonville, to take Lewis’ spot on the 53-man roster.
“I apologize to my coaches, teammates, the Lions organization and our fans for my actions,” Lewis said in a statement released through the team. “I have let my team down and there’s nothing worse than that. I will not make the same mistake again. I look forward to returning to the team after I serve my suspension.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fantasy Doctors: Terry McLaurin Injury Review | Will the Washington star WR recovery? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/fantas… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Collin Hill, QB, South Carolina nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/collin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/UHNTnLenrP
about 60 mins ago
- Jake Funk, RB, Maryland | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/jake-f… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ObBP3PgShc
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for March 4, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for March 4, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago