John Fox, who returned to work this week following open-heart surgery Nov. 4, said Friday he has been cleared to coach from the sideline for Sunday’s game against the Tennessee Titans.
“I’ll be on the sideline just like normal,” Fox, 58, said after Friday’s workout. “I had three pretty good days of practice. The doctors and medical people feel good about it, so that’s where I’ll be.”
Fox had maintained throughout the week that he didn’t know whether he’d coach from the sideline or the coaches’ box. After the Broncos practiced in below-zero temperatures Thursday and Friday, he said he felt he could be on the sideline on game day as well.
“People asked me earlier in the week [and] I hadn’t even practiced yet or been to a practice yet,” Fox said. “I feel pretty good about where I’m at physically and all that — so do the medical people. That’s why we made the decision. Basically got three really good days — Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.”
“On the field you have a little better feel for the players,” Fox said. “You look right into their eyes — communication-wise, it’s direct and you’re not going through somebody. There are probably cons for both, but I’m looking forward to getting back on the field with the team and business as usual.”
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Rodney Morris II, LB, University of West Georgia… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Los Angeles Rams draft needs: 5 small schoolers who can help the Rams win the Super Bowl nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/los-an…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Marvin Conley, DB, University of West Florida nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/marvin… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Pace Temple, WR, Butler University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/pace-t… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/l1jCFF9Eio
about 45 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Noah Beh, OL, University of Delaware nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/noah-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro