Coach Jason Garrett said Tony Romo was feeling better but not “overly comfortable” Wednesday as the Dallas Cowboys began preparations for Sunday’s NFC East championship game against the Philadelphia Eagles.
Romo did not practice, nor did he go through pre-practice meetings as he continues to receive treatment on an ailing back. Sources said Romo had an epidural on Monday to help alleviate the pain from his back. The Cowboys have not ruled Romo out of Sunday’s game.
“I saw him briefly today, and he’s fighting through it,” Garrett said. “He’s certainly in a situation where he’s trying to do everything he can to get himself back with the rehab process and treatment process, like any injured player would. He’s a tough guy, as we saw the other day. We’ll just see how he does.”
Garrett said the team would not “compromise him for now or for the future” when discussing the risk and reward of Romo playing against the Eagles. Kyle Orton will start if the Cowboys say Romo is ruled out.
“We’ll make our best medical decision, and we’ll make our best football decision,” Garrett said.
I hope that Garrett makes the right call, if Tony Romo wants to play I say play him. I think Romo is still a better option right now than Kyle Orton or Jon Kitna.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- What time is the draft? I have a feeling Jack Eichel is traded soon. Will I be upset if he is not traded, nope, but… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 13 mins ago
- Lay-Z Lay my self down haha twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/s…
about 18 mins ago
- NFL teams looking for a defensive tackle need to check out Toby Johnson, the big man needs to be on a team.
about 31 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for July 23, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/07/transa… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- #49ers worked out DE Justus Reed and DT Eddie Vandrdoes
Justus is a former Youngstown State pass rusher
about 32 mins ago
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Jerome Howard. Together we...
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview on The Slightly Personal Podcast: Kyriq McDonald DB Missouri State
When it comes to adversity at the collegiate level, Kyriq McDonald is a prime...
POSITION: Cornerback CLASS: Senior HEIGHT: 6-0 WEIGHT: 194 HOMETOWN: League City, Texas HIGH SCHOOL:...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Matt Waletzko. Together we...