Coach Jason Garrett said Tony Romo was feeling better but not “overly comfortable” Wednesday as the Dallas Cowboys began preparations for Sunday’s NFC East championship game against the Philadelphia Eagles.
Romo did not practice, nor did he go through pre-practice meetings as he continues to receive treatment on an ailing back. Sources said Romo had an epidural on Monday to help alleviate the pain from his back. The Cowboys have not ruled Romo out of Sunday’s game.
“I saw him briefly today, and he’s fighting through it,” Garrett said. “He’s certainly in a situation where he’s trying to do everything he can to get himself back with the rehab process and treatment process, like any injured player would. He’s a tough guy, as we saw the other day. We’ll just see how he does.”
Garrett said the team would not “compromise him for now or for the future” when discussing the risk and reward of Romo playing against the Eagles. Kyle Orton will start if the Cowboys say Romo is ruled out.
“We’ll make our best medical decision, and we’ll make our best football decision,” Garrett said.
I hope that Garrett makes the right call, if Tony Romo wants to play I say play him. I think Romo is still a better option right now than Kyle Orton or Jon Kitna.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Football: Week 3 Waiver Wire nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/waiver… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/9SqTZRlDzv
about 22 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Football: Target Leaders After 2 Weeks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/target… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/AFWlCRpKK0
about 23 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 22, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- Did You See This:Week 2 QB Index, Josh Allen has a huge jump after beating Dolphins nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/qb-ind… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Report: Chicago Bulls Hiring Billy Donovan as Next Head Coach ift.tt/2Eqe1FB
about 2 hours ago