The Cowboys entered the second half with a 26-3 lead and DeMarco Murray had 93 yards rushing on 11 carries.
Despite the big lead and success on the ground, the Cowboys ran by design on only seven of their 30 second-half plays (23 percent).
The league-average play call when leading this season is 53 percent pass, 47 percent run. The Cowboys entered Sunday with the second-lowest run percentage when ahead—37 percent.
The Cowboys averaged just as many yards on rushes as dropbacks in the first half. In the second half, the Cowboys averaged 1.9 yards more on rushes.
This was not a simple error, this was a planned error in my opinion. Why would you abandon something when you are winning by a major margin? I am so lost on this because the Dallas Cowboys really upset me sometimes. Thankfully every NFC East team lost this week, but still it is not looking good for the Cowboys.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Chargers QB Tyrod Taylor suffered a punctured lung from the team doctor nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tyrod-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- Tevin Singleton, DB, Bowie State University | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview youtu.be/40nnaEMtokY
about 29 mins ago
- ICYMI:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Caleb Green, Athlete nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/caleb-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/4Bn0B4ckeh
about 34 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 23, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- ICYMI:QB Playground Edition: Who’s Swinging Up, Who’s Sliding Down? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/qb/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/WjyWxpoygh
about 59 mins ago