The 49ers defense has looked very solid in the past several weeks, and that has to do with the defensive play calling. Against the Falcons last night the Niners rushed five or more defenders on five of Matt Ryan’s 49 dropbacks Monday night.
The 49ers rushed a game-high seven defenders on the pass that resulted in the game-sealing interception from Ryan. The 49ers bring added pressure on 18.5 percent of opponent dropbacks, the lowest rate in the league.
The 49ers had a 33.6% win probability before Ryan’s pick-six, which brought the 49ers’ win probability to 99.8%. The 66.2% swing was the biggest jump on a defensive play this season.
So if they want to get back to the Super Bowl, they are going to need to send more rushers. That calculated blitz last night, was huge, and was the ultimate game changer.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- I see you Tyson! twitter.com/PFF_AAF/status…
about 23 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- I know one thing, I would not be near him twitter.com/apiecebyguy/st…
about 24 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- NFL Transactions for February 21st, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/XGOdl8A21o
about 53 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Bills trade down from 9 to 15 pick up a 1st rounder next year and a first this year, then draft Greedy Williams twitter.com/TwitterSports/…
about 54 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- Five hidden gems in the 2019 NFL Draft - @Chobani84 @AboveQuis @SidFor6 @BradMayesQB_4 were all mentioned by… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago via Twitter Web Client