Before the game started on Sunday night, LeSean McCoy knew he would finish the season with the most rushing yards in the NFL, the first time an Eagle has done that since Steve Van Buren captured the rushing title in 1949.
Van Buren won the rushing titles in 1945 (832 yards), 1947 (1,008 yards), 1948 (945 yards) and in 1949 (1,146 yards).
McCoy led the NFL in rushing with 1,607 yards. Shady didn’t just have a good year, he had a great one.
McCoy not only won the rushing title but no one else even came close as there wasn’t another back with even 1,400 yards and he won the title by nearly 300 yards. The former Pitt star also set a new franchise record with the Philadelphia Eagles in the process, breaking Wilbert Montgomery’s mark set more than 30 years ago.
Shady continues to also be one of the league’s top receivers as a running back. When you add his 539 yards off of 52 catches this year, he had a total of more than 2,100 yards total.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Nationals Pitcher Max Scherzer Broke His Nose Practicing Bunting bit.ly/2ZvjRKD
about 54 mins ago via IFTTT
- Chris Paul Responds to News that His Relationship with James Hard is Unsalvageable bit.ly/2WMLtch
about 2 hours ago via IFTTT
- Incredible twitter.com/junnaitoh/stat…
about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Lenny Dykstra Went Dumpster Diving for His Lost Teeth bit.ly/2ZvznWN
about 4 hours ago via IFTTT
- NFL Transactions for June 17, 2019 - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/06/nfl-tr… #NFL
about 5 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone