Before the game started on Sunday night, LeSean McCoy knew he would finish the season with the most rushing yards in the NFL, the first time an Eagle has done that since Steve Van Buren captured the rushing title in 1949.
Van Buren won the rushing titles in 1945 (832 yards), 1947 (1,008 yards), 1948 (945 yards) and in 1949 (1,146 yards).
McCoy led the NFL in rushing with 1,607 yards. Shady didn’t just have a good year, he had a great one.
McCoy not only won the rushing title but no one else even came close as there wasn’t another back with even 1,400 yards and he won the title by nearly 300 yards. The former Pitt star also set a new franchise record with the Philadelphia Eagles in the process, breaking Wilbert Montgomery’s mark set more than 30 years ago.
Shady continues to also be one of the league’s top receivers as a running back. When you add his 539 yards off of 52 catches this year, he had a total of more than 2,100 yards total.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Freshman Georgia High School football star Le’ontae Coates shot to death nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/leonta…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 12 mins ago
- Fantasy “Believe it or Not?”: Knee-Jerk Reactions After Week 2 ift.tt/345ZRCr
about 22 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Isaac Parks, P, UNC Pembroke nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/isaac-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 32 mins ago
- Week 1 QB Index, Mahomes Not Top 3? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/week-1… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/JdGpMkB4Ra
about 37 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 22, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago