David Akers missed a short field goal on Thanksgiving against the Green Bay Packers, and maybe that is why the Lions are working out several veterans.
According to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, the Lions worked out veteran Olindo Mare and Justin Medlock on Monday.
Mare was with the Chicago Bears for three games this season, making 6 of 8 field goals but did not attempt any kick more than 50 yards. In his career, he is just 15-of-33 from 50 yards or longer.
Medlock hasn’t had much of a shot in the NFL, kicking for one game for the Kansas City Chiefs in 2007 and 10 with the Carolina Panthers last season. He is 8-of-12 on field goals in his career.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors | Josh Allen Injury Update | All eyes on Bills QB’s ankle and knee… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/jeremi… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors | Christian McCaffrey Injury Update | Will McCaffrey return in 2020?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Last Chance:Najee Harris Scouting Report | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect | Alabama RB nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/najee-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Last Chance:Beyond the Negotiation Podcast: NFL agents talk about the misconceptions of being an agent, and how try… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago