I would hate to say that Brandon Pettigrew is a bust, but he sure has been outplayed by undrafted free agent Joseph Fauria, especially in the red zone. Well to add salt to the wounds, today the Lions placed Pettigrew on the injured reserve ending his season a week early. Pettigrew injured his ankle in Week 15 against Baltimore and did not practice last week or play against the New York Giants on Sunday.
“It’s interesting the way the tight ends have gone on both teams,” Detroit coach Jim Schwartz said. “[Minnesota] lost [Kyle] Rudolph and then they just lost [John] Carlson. You’d like to have more than one tight end.
“We used some offensive linemen in there. They’ve used some four wide receiver stuff. Each team has challenges. We would use that roster spot somehow.”
Pettigrew caught 41 passes for 416 yards and two touchdowns this season and will be an unrestricted free agent after the year.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Just talked to @bigdavis813 and he is doing ok. He landed in Orlando and will have more tests tomorrow. Keep pray… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 9 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- He will be hard to hide twitter.com/hiphopdx/statu…
about 40 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- How does this kid have zero offers? @17NickHill @ScottAligo twitter.com/goldfeetglobal…
about 49 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Solomon Brown, LB, Charleston Southern - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2018/08/solomo…
about 51 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Charles Johnson of Orlando Apollos was a freak today. Gilbert looked great too. Reaser balled out and Orlando is 2-0
about 53 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone