The Cowboys signed receiver Michael Spurlock, released by the Detroit Lions two weeks ago, to help on punt and kickoff returns and as a backup in case Terrance Williams can’t recover from a hamstring injury.
Spurlock played in nine games for the Lions before being released Dec. 7. He averaged 22.5 yards on 15 kickoff returns and 6.6 yards on 22 punt returns. For his career, he has a 24.5-yard average on kickoffs with three touchdowns and a 9.0 average on punts with two touchdowns.
Spurlock became the first player to ever return a kick for a touchdown for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers before leaving the NFL for the UFL. After a short stint with the Florida Tuskers, he returned to the NFL to be a return man. He has been with numerous teams over his career.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Tiki Barber agrees with the Giants trading Odell Beckham Jr. nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/odell-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 22 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Draymond Green’s Son Is No Longer Allowed to Watch the NBA After Developing This Bad Habit bit.ly/2X1MP3K
about 43 mins ago via IFTTT
- XFL Diamonds: Potential Prospects for the XFL 2020 – Defensive Front 7 Edition nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/xfl-3/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Constructive Dismissal Solicitor– Employment Law Compensation Claims bit.ly/30wtI3Z
about 2 hours ago via IFTTT
- 2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: James Robinson, RB, Illinois State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/james-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro