A nearly three-month reduction from what’s supposed to be a one-year ban for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy was not a sweet enough deal for Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner, who recently turned down the offer and will continue his appeal, sources told Mike Garofalo from Fox Sports.
Garofalo said the NFL offered Browner the chance to accept his suspension now, sit out the rest of this season, remain suspended through the offseason and be eligible for reinstatement at the start of next October, when the 2014 regular season is still in its first few weeks. That would have allowed Browner to return to action well before December, which is how long he’ll sit out if he loses his appeal in the coming weeks.
I too would have turned down the suspension if I were Browner. Browner is a free agent after the year and if he is in fact suspended for a long period of time it could hurt his stock. Browner claims the person that took the test switched cups during the middle of the test. If that is in fact true, Browner will win. As a federal law enforcement officer, a new test would have needed to be required. The old test would be considered tampered. So if that did in fact happen Browner will win his suspension.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Jennifer Lopez & Alex Rodriguez Star in First Campaign Together ift.tt/2HKmNgU
about 6 mins ago via IFTTT
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for March 21st, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/03/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/bmQhOnCgaj
about 34 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Kobe Bryant Visits NBA Store in NYC to Celebrate His New Book ‘The Wizenard Series: Training Camp’! ift.tt/2TSFFS0
about 37 mins ago via IFTTT
- Aaron Rodgers Gives Extremely Friendly Hug to Packers Fan ift.tt/2OhQZkF
about 52 mins ago via IFTTT
- ICYMI:NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Andrew Soroh, SS/LB, Florida Atlantic University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 58 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro