While the hope is that a big free-agent addition provides immediate impact, it doesn’t always play out that way.
In the case of Tennessee Titans left guard Andy Levitre, the Titans haven’t got what they paid for yet. But it’s way too premature to label a guy who signed up for six seasons as any level of a bust.
Levitre leads all Titans players in penalties with 7 for 55 yards. He has been horrible so far, while many Bills fans were upset he left via free agency.
Levitre inked a six-year, $46.8 million deal on March 14 with a $10.5 million signing bonus and $13 million guaranteed.
Even he feels his play could be better:
“I know I haven’t been playing well this season,” Levitre said. “I don’t want to say it was from my [knee] surgery after last season, I’ve had some other issues going on. I’ve been having a little struggle staying healthy this season. But I’m just trying to play the best I can, get an offseason program under my belt so I can get some of the strength back that I lost last offseason. I hate to use that as an excuse, I’m not one to point at something else. It’s my issue, I’ve got to deal with it.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Bengals rookie QB Joe Burrow feels he took major strides last week and he just wants a win nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/joe-bu…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Are the Dolphins scared to play Tua because he has still not been hit? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tua-2/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/cT4SSv8APS
about 49 mins ago
- Chiefs rookie defensive back L’Jarius Sneed is playing like the steal of the 2020 NFL Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/ljariu…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Put some respect on these names. Three QB’s that deserve more love - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/respec… #NFL
about 2 hours ago
- Colin Kaepernick calls Law Enforcement “White Supremacist Institution” and wants to abolish Police - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/colin-… #Thoughts
about 2 hours ago