Scott Tolzien came in last week and completed 24 of 39 passes for 280 yards and a touchdown. Tolzien and the offense were hurt by two critical interceptions that changed the complexion of the game.
Still, Tolzien showed enough that just minutes after the Eagles game ended, coach Mike McCarthy named him the starter for this week’s game at the New York Giants.
“We went out there to win the game, so he got us in and out of personnel groups, managed the runs,” McCarthy said. “They challenged him, challenged the box. They did a good job against our run game in the second half, and Scott was able to take advantage of that.
The Packers have no plans of elevating Flynn ahead of Scott Tolzien as the starting quarterback in the absence of Aaron Rodgers. Flynn will only play if Tolzien gets injured, and that’s not a scenario that McCarthy is even willing to entertain after having to watch Rodgers get hurt two weeks ago and Seneca Wallace get hurt Sunday.
“We’re not going to need him, OK?,” McCarthy said of Flynn. “I’ve had enough of this bad karma about quarterbacks getting injured. So, Scott’s going to play the whole game.”
It sounds like Coach is giving Scotty Boy a vote of confidence.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Le'Veon Bell's Trainer Denies Report Of Massive Weight Gain ift.tt/2Xbz4A6
about 22 mins ago via IFTTT
- James Harden Says 'Arrogant' Ref Scott Foster Shouldn't Ref Their Games ift.tt/2U3qbXs
about 32 mins ago via IFTTT
- Tristan Thompson Used His Other Baby Mama's Place as a Crash Pad ift.tt/2SRRpDQ
about 43 mins ago via IFTTT
- ICYMI:3 Reasons why you should want the AAF to be successful nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/aaf-su… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/fMeC27ztyX
about 55 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Space Jam 2 Starring LeBron James and Bugs Bunny Gets a Release Date ift.tt/2VcCWis
about 1 hour ago via IFTTT