Another brutally physical game against the Ravens has cost the Steelers another starting center. The Steelers placed Fernando Velasco on injured reserve Saturday afternoon, less than two days after he sustained a right Achilles injury in a 22-20 loss at Baltimore.
Velasco, signed to take over for injured Pro Bowler Maurkice Pouncey in early September, left M&T Bank Stadium in a walking boot and on crutches after the Steelers’ fourth-quarter rally fell just short. He is out for the rest of the season.
Velasco had been an excellent find for the Steelers after Pouncey tore his ACL in the season opener, and his loss means Cody Wallace is next up at center.
When Wallace came in the game his snap had some zip on it. I think he will be just fine, but the Steelers continue to have injury problems.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Phillies Owner is in Las Vegas Meeting with Bryce Harper ift.tt/2TcTA4j
about 25 mins ago via IFTTT
- Been there!! The heat is intense twitter.com/tomhall/status…
about 32 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Congrats twitter.com/chometheleo/st…
about 39 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Poor guy twitter.com/alexsteinnn/st…
about 42 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Antonio Vargas is a beast https://t.co/QVQTwtxv4H
about 54 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone