Today we lost a legend in the HBCU. Eddie Robinson Jr., the son of legendary Grambling State coach Eddie Robinson, died Wednesday night at Baylor University Medical Center at the age of 70. Robinson, who had recently undergone heart surgery, was dealing with a prolonged illness.
“We are deeply saddened by the passing of Eddie Jr,” said the Robinson family in a statement. “He was a great father, coach and truly a personal friend to us all. Over the years, he could always make us smile. He will be greatly missed. Even in recent months he still had a great love for college football and Grambling State in particular. While it is hard to understand his passing at this moment, we will remember all the good times with Eddie Jr. and always keep those memories close to our hearts.”
We at NFL Draft Diamonds are saddened by this news, we know that Eddie loved Grambling State and we the game of football. Robinson played for his father at Grambling and later served alongside him as an assistant coach for 16 seasons. Funeral arrangements are pending.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Our house is already prepared in heaven! I don’t know about you but I cannot wait to see an atmosphere where everyo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: David Knox, DL, Lindenwood University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/david-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Small School Prospect Rankings with over 980 Players nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/small-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:Former Niners QB Joe Montana and his wife confront a kidnapper trying to take their grandchild… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 28, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago