This was hardly the highly touted showdown between 2011 No. 1 overall pick Newton and Kaepernick, the sixth quarterback drafted that year, in the second round. They roomed together during the scouting combine.
Kaepernick went 11 for 22 for 91 yards with an interception and was sacked six times for a 42.0 passer rating. Newton was only slightly better, going 16 of 32 for 169 yards, an interception and four sacks for a 52.7 rating.
For two teams that have been putting up points at a prolific pace for the past month, the defenses dictated this one.
I continue to feel that San Francisco 49ers made the wrong decision with quarterback. Alex Smith continues to win while teams are learning how to shut Kaepernick down.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Myles Gaskin Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/myles-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for November 27, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: John Brown Injury Update, Bills WR will miss another week nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/john-b…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Alvin Kamara Injury Update, How serious is his foot injury? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/alvin-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Todd Gurley Injury Update, How bad is the Falcons RB’s knee injury?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago