Over the past several years I have been watching Adrian Peterson, and I have come up with why I feel Adrian Peterson is the best running back in the NFL. If you do not agree, check out these facts from Adrian and see if it changes your mind.
- Adrian starred for the Palestine High School track and basketball teams.
- Adrian won the Hall Trophy as the nation’s top high school football player in 2003.
- In high school, Adrian asked for #29—Eric Dickerson’s number—but it wasn’t available. He settled for #28 and has worn it ever since.
- Adrian ran for 225 yards against Texas in his second college start.
- In 2004, Adrian set an NCAA record for freshmen with nine straight 100-yard rushing performances.
- Adrian was a finalist for the Doak Walker Award in 2004. He was also the first freshman in history to be runner-up for the Heisman Trophy.
- Adrian joined Billy Sims and Joe Washington as the only Oklahoma runners to top 4,000 career rushing yards. Adrian finished with 4,045 yards and 41 rushing touchdowns in 31 games.
- Adrian’s 224-yard game against the Chicago Bears in 2007 broke Minnesota’s single-game rushing record, set by Chuck Foreman in 1976.
- In a 2007 game against the San Diego Chargers, Adrian broke Jamal Lewis’s NFL record for yards in a game with 296 yards on 30 carries. The jersey he wore on tgha day against the Chargers in 2007 is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- In 2007, Adrian became the first NFL rookie to notch two 200-yard games.
- Adrian was a First Team All-Pro in 2008 and 2009.
- Adrian’s 129 yards in the 2008 Pro Bowl was the second-highest total in history. He was the first rookie since Marshall Faulk in 1994 to be named Pro Bowl MVP.
- Adrian’s three TDs against the New Orleans Saints in the 2009 NFC title game set a team postseason record.
- Adrian was named the DEFEX Ground Player of the Year for the third straight time in 2009.
- Adrian had 350 consecutive touches without a fumble in 2010.
- In 2011, Adrian surpassed Chuck Foreman and Bill Brown to become Minnesota’s all-tie leader in rushing touchdowns.
- After the 2010 season, Adrian was ranked as the #1 running back in a vote of NFL players.
- Adrian scored three touchdowns in the first quarter against the Arizona Cardinals in 2011 to set a new team record.
- More than 300 friends and family members attended Minnesota’s 2007 game against the Dallas Cowboys to root for Adrian.
- Adrian says the NFL player he most looks forward to meeting on the field is Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens.
- Adrian’s father works for a car dealership and also gives anti-drug talks at schools. He once tried out for the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Adrian’s mom might have made the U.S. Olympic team had she not gotten pregnant in college. Her best time in 100-yard dash was 11.3 seconds.
- Adrian’s uncle, Ivory Lee Brown, played one season for the Arizona Cardinals.
- Adrian’s daughter, Adeja, was born in 2003.
- Adrian majored in Sociology at Oklahoma.
- Adrian is superstitious about the fit of his shoes. They must feel perfect before he leaves the locker room.
- During the season, Adrian lives with his brothers, Eldon and Derrick, in a suburb of Minneapolis.
- Adrian traveled to Africa in 2010 and 2011 as part of a program to give hearing aids to children and adults.
- Adrian Peterson has averaged 6.1 yards per rush when defenses put eight or more defenders in the box this season. The rest of the NFL has averaged 2.8 yards per rush against those defenses.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- The entire top 100 should opt out twitter.com/eric_edholm/st…
about 11 mins ago
- Miami DE Greg Rousseau the best pass rusher in 2021 NFL Draft opts out nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/greg-r… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/XpZ130dsgN
about 12 mins ago
- ICYMI:Former Buffalo Bills draft pick pleads not guilty by insanity in attempted murder case… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 mins ago
- Wow huge news twitter.com/davehydesports…
about 43 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 6, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ZorZZGk1X6
about 50 mins ago