Sam Hurd was sentenced Wednesday to 15 years after pleading guilty in April to one count of trying to buy and distribute large amounts of cocaine and marijuana. The charge carries a minimum 10-year sentence, but prosecutors may push for a sentence up to life.
His December 2011 arrest outside a suburban Chicago steakhouse came after he tried to buy a kilogram of cocaine in what turned out to be a sting. According to a federal complaint, Hurd told an undercover agent that he wanted 5 to 10 kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana per week to distribute in the Chicago area. He claimed he was already distributing 4 kilograms a week, according to the complaint. A kilogram is about 2.2 pounds.
@AP: BREAKING: Former NFL player Sam Hurd gets 15 years for role in drug-distribution scheme.
He got off the deal easy, I work in a federal prison. He could be like everyone else in jail and have 50 to LIFE for that charge. He should be happy.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- In Case You Missed the Knockout of the Year: Bronze Bomber Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale with a wicke… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Meet Model Maria Perez, DaBaby’s Posse Viciously Attacks Overzealous Fan & Orioles Infielders Made One Of The Worst… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 hours ago via IFTTT
- Last Chance:Peyton Manning to the Jets as a GM could happen? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/05/peyton… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Mdz1A0vzj4
about 7 hours ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Bronze Bomber Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale with a wicked right | Greatest Knockout? youtu.be/57SA3-47k9w
about 9 hours ago via IFTTT
- Still missing, please share twitter.com/ayyynisaaa/sta…
about 9 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone