Bowe was pulled over late Sunday night in Riverside, Mo. and charged with speeding and possession or marijuana, according to Fox 4 News Kansas City. Two vials of what was believed to be marijuana were found in Bowe’s possession, as well as additional marijuana found in possession of a passenger in the car.
Here is the statement issued by Riverside Police:
Shortly before midnight on November 10th a Riverside Police Officer was parked on West Platte Road and NW Business Park using radar to check for speed violations when a black, 2011 Audi A8 registered a speed of 48 mph in a 35 mph zone. The police officer, in a marked police car, subsequently stopped the car on West Platte Road at Riverside Street.
While questioning the driver the Officer detected a strong odor of marijuana from inside of the vehicle. The officer then requested the driver and two passengers to get out of the vehicle. Once out of the vehicle the Officer explained to the driver, who owned the vehicle, that he was a K-9 Officer and that the dog would alert to an illegal substance. Subsequently, inside of a black bag the officer discovered the wallet of the driver and vehicle owner, Dwayne L. Bowe, and two containers that had 6.6 grams and 3.8 grams respectively of what is believed to be marijuana in them. Bowe was then placed under arrest for the possession of a controlled substance. The K-9 alerted to a black backpack and inside of that was found a container that had 4.2 grams of what is believed to be marijuana in it.
One of the passengers, George A. Thompson, said the backpack belonged to him. Subsequent to his arrest for possession of a controlled substance, Thompson was searched and on his person two hand rolled cigarettes, containing what is believed to be 2.2 grams of marijuana were also found.
Bowe and Thompson were both transported to the Riverside Police Department for booking on the following municipal charges: Bowe for speeding and possession of a controlled substance with a bond of $750; Thompson for the possession of a controlled substance with a bond of $500. The third passenger in the car, who was not charged, posted bond for both men and they were released with a court date of December 18, 2013.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Julio Jones Injury Update, Could he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/julio-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Salvon Ahmed Injury Update, Ruled out already for Week 12, OUCH… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for November 27, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Tua Tagovailoa Injury Update, How banged up is Tua? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/tua-ta… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Myles Gaskin Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/myles-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago