The Indianapolis Colts signed free agent running back Chris Rainey to the active roster today. This is a surprise move because Rainey has not been in football for quite some time. I guess you could say it is his second chance.
Rainey, 5-9, 180 pounds, was originally selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fifth round (159th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft out of the University of Florida. In 2012, he played in all 16 games, totaling 26 rushes for 102 yards and two touchdowns and 14 receptions for 60 yards. He also returned 39 kickoffs for 1,035 yards (26.5 avg.) and three punts for 16 yards. His kickoff return average ranked fifth in the AFC and tied for seventh in the NFL.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- I see you Tyson! twitter.com/PFF_AAF/status…
about 14 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- I know one thing, I would not be near him twitter.com/apiecebyguy/st…
about 15 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- NFL Transactions for February 21st, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/XGOdl8A21o
about 44 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Bills trade down from 9 to 15 pick up a 1st rounder next year and a first this year, then draft Greedy Williams twitter.com/TwitterSports/…
about 45 mins ago via Twitter Web Client
- Five hidden gems in the 2019 NFL Draft - @Chobani84 @AboveQuis @SidFor6 @BradMayesQB_4 were all mentioned by… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago via Twitter Web Client