Jay Cutler left Sunday’s loss with a left ankle injury in the fourth quarter after struggling with the injury suffered just before halftime. Once Josh McCown entered the game for Cutler, McCown immediately led the Bears on a touchdown drive that cut the Lions’ lead to two points.
The Bears were stuffed at the goal line and lost the game, but McCown’s performance and Cutler’s injury will reignite sentiment in Chicago that McCown should be starting.
The discussion could be academic because Cutler might not be ready to play. He will undergo tests Monday to determine the extent of the injury, but he had no ice or wrap on his ankle and told NFL.com’s Stacey Dales that he’s “fine.”
I honestly believe that Cutler was trying to rush back because McCown has been playing so well. I think the Bears need to start McCown and just bench Jay Cutler.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Week 3 Injury Report: 8 wide receivers and 7 safeties went down with injuries nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/week-3… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- Did You See This:9 Hilarious Player Nicknames You’ve never heard of nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nickna… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/k8YCaVvNhQ
about 27 mins ago
- Did You See This:Three WHAT THE F#$* plays of Week 3; What are you doing? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/week-3… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/OFnvdewmBw
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Why wouldn’t Eagles Head Coach Doug Pederson just throw the ball up in Overtime?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Who is Each Team’s Biggest Sleeper? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/sleepe… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/mikGILJv9K
about 2 hours ago