Jay Cutler left Sunday’s loss with a left ankle injury in the fourth quarter after struggling with the injury suffered just before halftime. Once Josh McCown entered the game for Cutler, McCown immediately led the Bears on a touchdown drive that cut the Lions’ lead to two points.
The Bears were stuffed at the goal line and lost the game, but McCown’s performance and Cutler’s injury will reignite sentiment in Chicago that McCown should be starting.
The discussion could be academic because Cutler might not be ready to play. He will undergo tests Monday to determine the extent of the injury, but he had no ice or wrap on his ankle and told NFL.com’s Stacey Dales that he’s “fine.”
I honestly believe that Cutler was trying to rush back because McCown has been playing so well. I think the Bears need to start McCown and just bench Jay Cutler.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Predicting The Starting Quarterback Of Every Team Going Into 2021 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/starti… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 mins ago
- ICYMI:Predicting A Trade: David Njoku To The Houston Texans For A Fourth Round Pick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/david-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 9 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Spencer Brown, RB, UAB nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/spence… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/rhtNqWZhAa
about 15 mins ago
- Last Chance:South Carolina football player D’won DJ Fields Jr. shot and killed nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/dwon-d… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fan Controlled Football League surpasses 1.2 million viewers and a former NFL standout caught the game winner… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago