Last week Peyton Manning wasn’t sacked, and in fact, was barely touched by Tamba Hali or Justin Houston or Dontari Poe or Derrick Johnson. The vaunted Chiefs pass rush that racked up 36 sacks in Kansas City’s first nine games never showed up. In fact, the only time that Manning hit the grass Sunday night was when he dove in front of Johnson, who had recovered a fumble on a botched handoff between Manning and running back Montee Ball.
The offensive line is doing everything than can to keep Peyton up, and to be honest last week’s game was impressive. The Chiefs defenders are amazing, and they were shut down. Interim Head Coach Jack Del Rio was even impressed.
“They were under fire this week because Peyton got hit a few times (last week against the San Diego Chargers), but they’ve done a great job all year. I was proud of them,” interim head coach Jack Del Rio said. “We knew this was going to be a game where you had to play well in the trenches to have a chance.”
When the Broncos lost Ryan Clady, everyone felt as if the team was going to slump and fall off, but no matter the lineman in the game, they have continued to get the job done. It is time someone gives them credit, they get my game ball this week.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fourth-quarter. The Bills are up by 11. That interception hurt big time, but this is how you find out about good football teams.
about 17 mins ago
- Bills and the third quarter....
about 18 mins ago
- Corey Bojorquez just blasted a 72 yard punt and it was downed on the 3. WOW
about 19 mins ago
- They keep saying, Sean McVay has never come back from down 18. He has never come back. Let's see
about 22 mins ago
- Justin Freaking Jefferson
about 23 mins ago