Future Hall of Fame linebacker Ray Lewis was so infuriated by the controversial penalty on 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks on Sunday, that he even offered to pay half of any potential fine. Former Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi offered to help as well, but according to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen Brooks who signed a five-year, $37 million deal before last season, doesn’t need any handouts from the former stars. So, he’s decided not to accept it.
Brooks was fined $15,750 on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees late in Sunday’s loss. Brooks was flagged for the hit and the Niners were penalized 15 yards on what would have otherwise been a fourth-down sack and turnover on downs.
Brooks informed both Lewis and Bruschi on Wednesday that he wouldn’t take their money to pay off the fine. He is also planning to appeal the fine, which will likely be heard sometime early next week.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Le'Veon Bell's Trainer Denies Report Of Massive Weight Gain ift.tt/2Xbz4A6
about 29 mins ago via IFTTT
- James Harden Says 'Arrogant' Ref Scott Foster Shouldn't Ref Their Games ift.tt/2U3qbXs
about 39 mins ago via IFTTT
- Tristan Thompson Used His Other Baby Mama's Place as a Crash Pad ift.tt/2SRRpDQ
about 49 mins ago via IFTTT
- ICYMI:3 Reasons why you should want the AAF to be successful nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/02/aaf-su… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/fMeC27ztyX
about 1 hour ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Space Jam 2 Starring LeBron James and Bugs Bunny Gets a Release Date ift.tt/2VcCWis
about 1 hour ago via IFTTT